Saturday, February 28, 2009

MTE Member Thoughts On The Economy









Meet The Elite polled some of its members from around the United States to find out how the economic crisis is affecting their business. Feel free to click on “Comments” below to share your story.

Attorney
Roger Upstein
North Carolina

“I'm used to a serious increase in divorce in the beginning of the year after the holidays. Unfortunately I haven't seen it at all this year. I have a smaller practice, but this seems to be reflected in conversations I have with other colleagues. I don't recall anything like this in family law practice, and I've been doing this for [18] years.”

Health Insurance Producer
Kimberly Menton
New York

“Over the last few months a lot of my “Mom and Pop” clients have terminated their health insurance policies because they couldn’t afford to pay their monthly premium. My larger clients have been deleting employees off their plan for various reasons. This has lead to a 30% cut in my commissions.

Financial Planner
Roger Aniston
California

“Basically the last year has been a complete disaster. The day to day customer service I provide has increased by 500%. However the amount of actual transactions and investments made is down 50%. There have been a lot of somber phone calls”

(Click Comments) To Share Your Story

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I sell mostly life insurance in NJ and PA. Since last July i have written about 1/3 of the amount of new business that i usually do. I have had to spend time selling health insurance to make up the lost margin. People just dont have the money right now to buy life insurance.

Anonymous said...

I have small law firm just out side San Antonio TX. Though it hasnt been a great few months i still see a great need for legal advice and support for my clients

Anonymous said...

I am a financial planner from the Portland Oregon area. I also sell life + health insurance. Though it hasnt been a great year. I have used it as a time to really communicate with all my clients and strengthen our relationship.